The best thing that we can all do for the planet is to use less of it. Here are a few tips that you can use everyday:
▪ Turning down the thermostat one degree and reduce your energy costs by about 4%
▪ Conserve more energy by purchasing major appliances with an Energy Star Rating.
▪ Repairing leaky fixtures will reduce as much as 10 lost gallons of water each week.
▪ Installing low-flow showerheads and faucets will reduce water consumption and the cost of heating water by as much as 50%.
▪ Use compact fluorescent light bulbs
▪ Select carpeting and window treatments made from natural fibers, such as cotton or wool, which are free of toxins.
▪ Employ a strict recycling program in your house, such as green bags in the kitchen for all that food waste. Wine bottles can now be recycled at your local beer store. Use two recycling bins, one for paper and the other for bottles and cans.
Information was by Kickstarters.ca