Here are some tips if you’re traveling with kiddies in the car for extended periods of time:
▪ Schedule breaks every 45 minutes to stretch, visit the restroom and just get our of the car for 10 – 15 minutes
▪ Avoid giving the kids sugary drinks and snakes.. the last think you need is sugar-hyper kids in the backseat
▪ Bring music CDs, story CDs for smaller kids. For older kids, try a book on CD
▪ Play a game of I Spy – even the little ones can play this one!
▪ Bring ‘goodie bags’ of healthy snakes, like cereal and dried fruit; crackers and cream cheese. Keep portions smaller.
▪ One fun trick: wrap up a favorite small toy in layers of paper or tissue. When you’re desperate, hand it over and let Junior have fun unwrapping it layer by layer.
▪ Separate siblings with pillow walls… have them build it if they’re in the right frame of mind.