Simple stepsStart by being informed. Educate yourself about influenza strains, vaccination risks, and the public health laws that may require you or your children to undergo either mandatory vaccination or quarantine. (This is just in case things are blown completely out of proportion.)
Take care of your health to reduce or eliminate your risk of contracting the flu. The key is to keep your immune system strong by following these guidelines:
* Eliminate sugar and processed foods from your diet. Sugar consumption has an immediate, debilitating effect on your immune system. * Take a high quality source of animal-based omega 3 fats like Krill Oil.
* Exercise. Your immune system needs good circulation in order to perform at its best for you.
* Optimize your vitamin D levels. Vitamin D deficiency is the likely cause of seasonal flu viruses. Getting an optimal level of vitamin D will help you fight infections of all kinds.
* Get plenty of good quality sleep.
* Deal with stress effectively. If you feel overwhelmed by stress, your body will not have the reserves it needs to fight infection.
* Wash your hands. But not with an antibacterial soap. Use a pure, chemical-free soap.