How to Avoid Risk -

  • Frayed or damaged extension cords or cord ends can expose wires, resulting in potential shock and fire hazards. Look for: Damaged cords, undersized cords, cords under carpet or furniture and interiorrated cords used outdoors.
  • Ovrloading outlets can cause overheating and present potential fire hazards. Contact a license electrial contractor if youare uncertain of the load rating for your home's wiring.
  • Incorrect grounding presents a shock hazard. Look for missing 3rd prongs or 2-to-3 prong adapters. Consult with a licensed electrical contractor if your home's wiring system requires updating.
  • Look up! Always be aware of ovehead powerlines - remember to point these out to family, visitors and contract workers.

Information by:

www.esasafe.com

Home Safety - Electrical Safety Authority