May is one of the most beautiful months in Niagara, bringing warm and pleasant weather along with colorful spring plants and flowers. If you are visiting Niagara Falls this spring and you aren’t sure what to spend your time on aside from admiring the Falls themselves, here are 5 great things to do while in Niagara.
1) Nightly Illumination – If you are visiting from out of town, you may not know that Niagara Falls is quite the spectacle even at night. When the sun goes down the Falls are illuminated with colourful lighting in order to enhance your viewing experience, and you can even enjoy regular firework displays in the Niagara Falls tourist area.
2) Enjoy the Flowers – Spring is the perfect time to take in the colourful plants and flowers of Niagara, and if you visit the Floral Clock and Floral Showhouse in Niagara Falls you will see the World’s Tallest Flower and a wide variety of other plants and flowers.
3) Victoria Day Fireworks Spectacular – If you are visiting Niagara Falls on Victoria Day, you can experience the special Victoria Day and Memorial Day Fireworks display that is simply stunning to watch, and it is sure to make your long weekend an unforgettable one!
4) Perfect Time for Golf – If you really want to take advantage of the warm weather, you can book a Niagara Falls Golf Getaway Package at one of Niagara’s premier golf courses. For more information, visit: http://niagarafallsgolfadventures.com/.
5) Hike the Niagara Escarpment – Experience unspoiled natural beauty by hiking the Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Walk along the Bruce Trail, the famous footpath that connects parks, Niagara landmarks, wineries and forests, and practice healthy living while taking in the incredible sights and sounds of Niagara.
Enjoy your stay in Niagara Falls, and if you would like any further information please don’t hesitate to contact me at Barbara.Grumme@century21.ca.