Christmas can be a stressful time for many as we rush to buy all the right gifts before December 25th rolls around. On top of that, we often end up spending far too much money as we scramble to get the Christmas decorations up in and around the house. To help you save both time and money this holiday season, here are some easy and cheap Christmas decorating tips.
1. Do you have extra ornaments that don’t fit on the Christmas tree? Use them to make a festive centerpiece by placing them into a bowl on top of branches and greens.
2. If you have wooden logs lying around the house, stack them somewhere in the living room to contribute to a cozy holiday environment.
3. Want to spruce up your bookshelves? Wrap your books with leftover wrapping paper and throw in some branches and greens.
4. Fill your vases with pine boughs for great homely decorations that will give off a wonderful smell.
5. Make a wreath out of a garland of lush greenery and use it to decorate your windows.
6. Wrap festive bows over your bannisters.
7. With the help of twine you can hang paper, wood, or metal stars from the walls or windows.
8. Fill a vase with walnuts, hazelnuts, cranberries, and other natural goodies and place a pillar candle and holder inside the vase to make a lovely centrepiece.
9. Use ribbons to hang beautiful natural pinecones throughout the house.
10. Need charming holiday candlesticks? Find empty bottles of wine, replace the label with wrapping paper and ribbons, and stick a candle inside the bottle.
I hope these quick and cheap decorating tips will help make your holiday season a less stressful and expensive one! For more information about Christmas budgeting and other financial and real estate tips, feel free to contact me at Barbara.Grumme@Century21.ca.