Here are some money saving tips when getting ready for back to school:
- Shop your home. You may be surprised of how many notebooks, pens, pencils, etc. that you may have already in your possession.
- Join your local social media groups or search hashtags on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. There are groups on Facebook, specifically for your city, which many people sell supplies and necessities for cheap.
- Check Kijiji or Craigslist for back-to-school items/supplies or garage sales. You may be able to find a garage sale that is going on in your area that will have items for you to purchase, such as, supplies and apparel to name a few … some brand new.
- Attend Back-to-School events at your local park district, city’s rally, and church events. Most times they give away free supplies to every child in attendance.
- Shop back-to-school sales at your local office supply stores. Most supplies such as pens, pencils, crayons, markers, folders, glue, etc. are less than $1.