When planning renovations, nothing adds more immediate curb appeal than attractive landscaping. Choosing the right plan will make your home more salable, even if you're not planning to sell anytime soon, you can enjoy the benefits of enhanced lanscaping. Be confident of its lasting value. According to a recent SmartMoney article, the right landscaping can add up to 15% to a home's value. Here are some landscaping strategies that offer the highest return:
- Concentrate on the entryway of your house - that's what buyers see first.
- Xeriscaping your yard - a style of landscaping that requires little irrigation or maintenance
- Adding a desk is an inexpensive way to increase the apparent floor space of your home
- Replace hard-to-maintain slopes in your yard with terraces
- Add lush vegetations, but don't go overboard