Realtors know what people value most in a home and a community. It's part of our job. Our clients talk to us about those values every day. Quality of Life ...
- provides more opportunities for meaningful employment
- is about creating communities where everyone thrives
- means having a roof over your head and a choice of housing
- includes clean, safe neighbourhoods, good schools and efficient transportation
The goal of the Quality of Life philosophy is to enable people to get what they value most jobs, homes and better communities.
Quality of Life is based on five principles:
1. PROTECTING ECONOMIC VITALITY
One key to Quality of Life is a strong economy. A vibrant economy creates jobs, expands the tax base and revitalized communities.
2. PROVIDING HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES
We all want a safe, decent and affordable range of housing near where we work, shop and play. The supply of housing should include choices about design, cost and location.
3. PRESERVING OUR ENVIRONMENT
Realtors recognize that one of the most important elements of Quality of Life is the environment: clean air and water, parks and open space.
4. PROTECTING PROPERTY OWNERS
A strong economy depends on preserving the investment people have made in their homes by protecting the ability to freely own. use, buy ans sell real property.
5. BUILDING BETTER COMMUNITIES
Better communities come when governments work together to fund infrastructure such as roads, water, schools and transit that are the framework for a community's Quality of Life.
Realtors are committed to improving Quality of Life. Like our neighbours, we want good schools and parks, safe neighbourhoods. and a strong economy. We're working to improve the Quality of Life in this province by sharing what we've learned about building better communities. Real estate firms and local real estate boards are involved in numerous charitable activities that enhance Quality of Life for all.
Adapted from the Ontario Real Estate Association